Can I flush with a garden hose ?

Thanks for the replies....i'll give the garden hose theory a miss. I can understand the "take all the rads off" approach but I don't fancy my luck at getting 11 off and back on again without leaks to deal with.....unfortunately I only have one day (tomorrow) to do this....maybe I should do the best I can for now by draining and filling and look at hiring a powerflusher....I can get one of these for £50 from my local HSS, unfortunately they wanted 3 days notice and I didn't have the time.
I do already have an inline Y strainer fitted to the CH return pipe but it doesn't seem to have made any difference.....the Y points upwards, could this have been fitted the wrong way round ?

Sponsored Links
Y strainers are too coarse for all but the largest bits. A dirt seperator is a very different beast, a Magnaclean filter would help too, but you still have the problems of the pipe size. A powerflush machine will struggle, and it will take all day. You still have to connect it, so there's the chance for leaks.

Cheers Oilman. I've seen the Magnaclean before somewhere, do you have experience of using it ? Also I don't understand what a dirt separator is or where to get one, can you advise please ?

Sponsored Links
I don't understand what a dirt separator is or where to get one, can you advise please ?
I've never seen one either - can you post a link oilman?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back