Can I get holes made into current double double glazing?

OM2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have condensation problems with the windows every morning

I have double glazed windows

Question: is it possible ot get the small holes fitted into existing windows?

If so, how much would this cost?

Thanks

OM

Sponsored Links
No, if you mean holes for a van or vent then you will need a new unit

Sponsored Links
You can get trickle vents installed retrospectively, relatively cheap for the vents.
And quick to install.
http://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/h...html?gclid=CO2dqbz016YCFUQTfAodaDq2zQ[/QUOTE]

Have you ever tried to retrospectively fit trickle vents into a window head that has an aluminium reinforcing insert coupled with a low head plastered reveal?

NIGHTMARE! :evil:

Yeah..........and as you say its a feckin nightmare, infact i have 3 to fit down in cambridge on friday, been booked out all day to do it but i am travelling down from derby :cry:

thanks for the replies guys - instant notifications of replies don't seem to be coming through to me - i would have replied sooner

hmm sounds as though i have to just stick with what i have - it's not that bad- but maybe that's because i have draughts everywhere in most windows!

as soon as i seal these up - i assume i'll have MORE condensation?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back