Can I go wrong with York solder fitting (2nr)?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I know the obvious answer is yes you can but if done sensibly are the foolproof.

I don't intend to start the plumbing work myself and will be getting a pro in but needed to run 2 rad pipes under a floor in a room that is to be finished before the plumbing begins. This required 2 straight joints. Wet with yorkshire fittings as I only had 2 to do and thought 20 quid on a roll of solder for2 joints was a bit strong.

They r not the pretiest things but the solder appeared all the way round. Do these look like they have been done OK?

20210124_154233.jpg
20210124_154227.jpg
20210124_154248.jpg
20210124_154219.jpg

Sponsored Links
Haven't tried water through them just capped each end and leaving to the plumber to do the rest.

I will mark the floorboard they sit under and check them when connected.

Sponsored Links
Yeah they look like they've taken. If you clean the flux before you heat them and don't get it too hot, then it should just pool at the threshold and doesn't draw up over the fitting and pipe (y)

So wipe the flux wit a rag after the fitting is pushed together before I apply heat. Did I understand that correctly?

The trick is to use just enough flux to start with,then I just use my finger and run it round then a quick wipe.
Nothing wrong with yorkies, not as flush as end feed but they are great for the DIY'er.

I ended up with bags of them when a customer asked me if I could use any bits a previous plumber left in her garage. Ended up with about 2000 15+22mm yorkies, the same in Hep fittings and loads of other bits 'n' pieces.

I ended up with bags of them when a customer asked me if I could use any bits a previous plumber left in her garage. Ended up with about 2000 15+22mm yorkies, the same in Hep fittings and loads of other bits 'n' pieces.
Are plumbers always careless with their materials, the same thing happened to a friend of mine, there must have been quite a few quids worth in the bag.:)

Are plumbers always careless with their materials, the same thing happened to a friend of mine, there must have been quite a few quids worth in the bag.:)

Seems the previous plumber dropped off the planet and all the stuff had been sitting there for over a year, she just wanted rid of it all. Hundreds and hundreds of pounds worth. I'm still using the 22mm HEP and the yorkies, saved me a fortune in materials.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back