Can I have a 10% Tax rate as well please?

Source?

Couldn't find that quote in the above document.

There were two hypothesis being argued:

1. There are many more people in poverty under Tories than the last Labour Govt - disproved.
2. Those in poverty are worse off under the Tories than the last labour Govt - disproved.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Source?

Couldn't find that quote in the above document.

There were two hypothesis being argued:

1. There are many more people in poverty under Tories than the last Labour Govt - disproved.
2. Those in poverty are worse off under the Tories than the last labour Govt - disproved.

You know full well that this report does not prove that. It states on the way it calculates pocverty there is no difference. This is not categorical evidence.

But the kicker is page 15.

It wants to have a fuller picture of all the ingoings, outgoings and debt payments but as it states on page 15 it has included some assets but not debt or weekly mandated debt payments so the income / total net reources in inflated.

Notes: Factors outlined in orange are already included in the measure. Factors outlined in a grey solid line would have been included if the data was available. Factors outlined in a grey dash require measurement and assessment to understand whether they should be included.

did you miss this?

After a long trend of improvement, things took a turn for the worse at 2014/5, especially for pensioners and children.

In what way does this challenge criticism of the Con government?

Sponsored Links
It’s still lower than the last labour govt even though the recent trend may show perhaps a regression to mean.

are you saying

. 1. There are many more people in poverty under Tories than the last Labour Govt - disproved.
2. Those in poverty are worse off under the Tories than the last labour Govt

Is wrong. If so provide evidence

It’s still lower than the last labour govt even though the recent trend may show perhaps a regression to mean.

After a long period of gradual improvement, the improvement stopped and it started getting worse, especially for children and retired people.

It’s still better than the last labour government- isn’t it.

do they have a worse or better track record than their predecessors?

are you saying

Is wrong. If so provide evidence

Your claims are not proven 1 and 2 with the evidence from that report. I pointed out above.

It’s still better than the last labour government- isn’t it.

do they have a worse or better track record than their predecessors?
I guess how you measure a 'track record' doesn't it.

That the tories since 2010 have borrowed more money than all UK governments in history is without doubt...

But how would you then rate public services under the relevant periods?

Because when labour come into power they are always faced with wrecked education/health/welfare systems and have to rebuild them...

The tories then always claim 'irresponsible spending' in the name of their ideological social 'wrecking ball'...

Unfortunately out electoral system almost always ends up with extreme swings rather than the middle ground!

so the answer is, it doesn't.
Wasn’t the question was it.

Feel free to keep changing it to suit. Others can form their own view.

I’ve no problem with you criticising the conservatives based on your opinion.

I doubt anyone will pay any attention if it’s not fact based.

here's the question.

I haven't changed it.

I don't know why you're making up nonsense.

After a long period of gradual improvement, the improvement stopped and it started getting worse, especially for children and retired people.

Do you want to try to answer it?

if you're in the mood for answering I can give you another, but I don't want you to feel overwhelmed.

I don't know what poverty is any more, or at least I don't know how everyone else measures it these days. When I was a child I thought that we had it bad, there was always somone else who had more than us, yet my bestest mate while growing up came to my mothers funeral & told me how she fed him when his family had nothing in the pantry.

If we have never had it so good, how come I hear first hand that a lot of my friends wives are now involved in food banks rather than doing a few hours at the mental health charity shop?

Has the stairway to heaven moved from a High St charity shop to a shed behind the library?

I think that what I most want someone in political power to tell me, is why my mate who has terminal cancer, has to mention to his mates, that dealing with the system & getting his benefits takes up most of his time? We wheeled him out this Sunday lunchtime to talk our ****** & sort out the world & all he could do was moan & whinge about how long he's on the phone because one dept' doesn't know what the other dept' is doing & 40mins on hold, 4x a day, is time that adds up to a bloke who wants to take his dog & his beautiful grandaughter a walk before he can longer manage it.

Tell me how one branch of our civil service can tell him he has between 8 & 18mths to live & another branch insists he drives 15mls to a work assesment interview?

WTF has happened to this world full of pish & gobshoites that stand on a pedestal & tell me that everything will be better tommorrow . . . .

Sponsored Links
Back