Can I install a shower in a central bath?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I moved to Canada from the UK to get work and couldn't sell my house so have been renting it out. I have no renters at the moment and have been told I need to install a shower upstairs where I have a bath in the centre of a Victorian style bathtub. Help! Money is tight and I wonder if it is at all possible to somehow install a shower above the same bath using the same plumbing - rather than ripping it out, and putting another bath/ shower combo against a wall which will cost a lot and need redecorating/ new flooring, etc.
I hate having to get this done at a distance. Thanks so much in advance for anyone's expert advice.

Sponsored Links
If your thinking of having a victorian style vertical rail out of the taps to a fixed head, then probably no, as the rail usually needs supporting. Unless it rises to the ceiling and is supported there!!. Difficult to visualize, perhaps get someone round to give suggestions and a quote.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back