Can I Move Garden Fence Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I moving house soon and we are hoping to be able to move the fence that surrounds the garden out a meter or so along a small section to make that area of the garden bigger.

I have attached a picture from the deeds, and it is the portion of the fence to the bottom of the picture, which creates a triangle shape are at the side of the house. The fence is currently slightly set in the pink shaded area and we hope to move it out to inline with the edge of the pink area.

The blue area outside this is a grass area

Do you think this would cause any issues?

Thanks

Attachments

• Picture1.png
    Picture1.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 109
Sponsored Links
If you’re moving it on your property, yep. If you're moving it onto somebody else’s property, nope.

Yeah it seems to be our property. Around most of the perimeter the fence sits on the edge of the pink area. Just that small section to the left side of house (bottom of picture) it’s set in somewhat, so we want to move it to the edge

If it's more than 1m high, it looks like you'll need planning permission.

Even if not, you'll need to check the original planning permission conditions.

Sponsored Links
is it highway verge/land? If so no matter where you place the fence it will remain highway. You can check highway register with Council (highways authority)

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back