can I patch new silicone with more silicone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have spent the whole day tearing my hair out and arguing with my son while we replaced our kitchen sink. Whoever invented those stupid little clamp things to hold the sink in place should be hung drawn and quartered in my opinion!!!!.....Anyway finally its in and my son threw in the towel and went off to a party leaving me to silicone it in and also to put silicone along the back of the worktop where we have retiled. First time I used a silicone gun so rather a lot of it went where it shouldn't but in the end it got done a few hours ago but as it was so messy I left it to dry out a bit before I got rid of the excess which I have just done carefully with a scraper trying to get a nice straight line along the bottom of the tiles but I have slipped a couple of times and am wondering if I can just use the gun and stick a fresh bit of silicone on top to patch it as it were ...... please help

Sponsored Links
Unfortunatley despite sillicone sticking to most things it doesn't stick to itself very well. Best to remove the area and re-do.

Use painters or electrical tape to mask the area so you can a nice clean line.

I hate silliconing for this reason, it always seems to go wrong and it is so messy to clean up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back