Can I remove this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Im getting some plastering work in a small room at the front of the house done and i have a wire coming from outside the house into this grey metal box pictured attached.

Is this box important as it looks like it is doing nothing? Would be great to remove it.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 196
  • IMAG0165.jpg
    IMAG0165.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 191
  • IMAG0164.jpg
    IMAG0164.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 186
Sponsored Links
It looks like a power supply for something. And not a modern one.
It may be significant that it it next to your phone / cable box.
Are you sure that there are no connectios to,it, e.g. through the back?
Is there any more text or logos on it?

It looks like a power supply for something. And not a modern one.
It may be significant that it it next to your phone / cable box.
?

I was thinking something telecoms related, was the property ever used commercially, maybe it's the PSU for an internal switchboard. Apart from that I am clueless from those pics.

Sponsored Links
Im only here a year so maybe. That pdf i linked to was telecoms related it seemed to my amateur eye and the main page on that site mentions telecoms so maybe it is. Think im veering towards removing it...

Could be worth you copy & pasting this to the Telecoms section there could be an experianced- old timer on there that could pos identify this as old GPO probs telling you all about it as well. If not then I would recommend you get a local spark to establish the source of the fixture before you get the cable cutters out. We just think it's telecoms that does not mean it is, the only way to prove such things are by inspection and testing.

Its gone Gary, just took it off the wall and actually there were no wires connected into the wall and out of the house so they must be other wires I saw which were unrelated.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back