How can i wire PIR to light?

Is not the black linking the two sides of the unit the factory fitted link described in the instructions?
Yes, but we're not talking about that - we're talking about the black in the cable which "comes from the ceiling pull switch" - which may or may not be a neutral feed (I still personally doubt it).
But we do need further information in order to help the OP.
Definitely.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
the live wire is coming down from the ceiling where a standard pull cord light switch was.?
I read that as the OP has replaced the standard pull cord switch with the PIR so when the PIR is in place there is no pull cord switch.

the live wire is coming down from the ceiling where a standard pull cord light switch was.?
I read that as the OP has replaced the standard pull cord switch with the PIR so when the PIR is in place there is no pull cord switch.
So did I - but one wouldn't normally expect a 'standard pull cord light switch' to have a neutral, would one?

There probably are some 'in-line' PIRs which (like most dimmers) do not require a neutral. However, the OP's does not seem to be like that. Furthermore, if the 'cable to the light' means what it says, then that clearly would require a neutral.

We really are wallowing around in speculation unless/until we get some more information from the OP.

Kind Regards, John

but one wouldn't normally expect a 'standard pull cord light switch' to have a neutral, would one ?
Many lamps are connected to a supply by a length of twin and earth to the consumer unit and some where along that cable the Live is interrupted by a single pole switch with the Neutral passing through un-touched.

Sponsored Links
Many lamps are connected to a supply by a length of twin and earth to the consumer unit and some where along that cable the Live is interrupted by a single pole switch with the Neutral passing through un-touched.
In a 'standard' domestic lighting circuit? However, I agree that what you suggest is not impossible - but, as I keep saying, all this wild speculation without proper information is not going to help the OP.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back