Can I repair this waste pipe without removing bricks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had some landscaping work done and the builder smashed the waste pipe for my sink and dishwasher getting his digger in and out.

The pipe is buried beneath the kitchen floor so it can't be accessed from inside without considerable damage. While the pipe is cracked at outer layer of brick, it runs back into the house for at least a metre before the first 90º turn.

Do I need to chisel out one or more bricks to fix this or would it be possible to solvent weld a slightly narrower diameter of pipe given the length of undamaged pipe inside the house still?

IMG_3140.jpeg

IMG_3141.jpeg

IMG_3142.jpeg

It's been like this for a few weeks and I'm quite keen to get it fixed. Builder is offering to fix it 'at some point' when he's free. Obviously the wooden upright will need modified to accommodate the pipe but that's straightforward enough. The drain is just out of shot by the black vertical pipe.

Existing pipe is solvent weld pipe, not push fit.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Builder is offering to fix it 'at some point' when he's free
Not good enough, that's a fob off. he knows that shouldn't be left like that and the longer he delays then the more likely you will be to fix it.

It's not fixed at his leisure, he has left you with a major waste problem and unless it was highlighted to you that this might happen and he couldn't be held responsible then I'd be on his case and hassling him to get it fixed ASAP.

As suggested, there's no real way to fix that without major wall surgery due to the long crack that extends back and he knows it will be a PIA to fix but that's his problem.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back