Easiest way of removing a 40mm pipe through a wall

Ok, big assumption but If the external diameter of the existing pipe is 40mm, then you can get 1.5" (38mm) solvent weld couplers from here

Right I'll shut up now other suggestions are probably better.
Easy to buy straight connectors however not all plastics are the same hence there are different solvent weld cements out there.

Sponsored Links
Chances are the foam is only just inside the hole by say an inch, so a sharp kitchen type knife might work here.
On reflection a sawtoothed plasterboard saw will be ideal (Short pointed blade like a knife).

47mm hole saw on a battery gun on slow screwdriver setting, that will allow you to ream the old fitting off and a new one should then fit on.

Sponsored Links
Depending on how tight the hole in the wall is to the pipe, i've used a long drill bit to mill the foam from around the pipe in the past. PU foam seems to stick quite well to plastic waste pipe.
Drill the lot out with a core drill

Thanks for all your help guys.
Managed to do it all in 2 hours. I broke the old elbow off and hit the end with a lump hammer. Slowly but surely it pushed back into the house. New one went in a breeze.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back