Can I replace Vokera Linea 24 with Linea 28

if its in good nick theres no real reason not to fit it if its done right.

Well its not going to be dne right is it, it doesnt conform to current regs, also would you buy something that contains gas, electric and water that could cause major damage and you know nothing about how it works, 2nd hand off e - bay, i wouldnt, FFS just get a new boiler tight get

Sponsored Links
The issue remains with the gas pipe and we can't pipe size the boiler for the OP, he seems to think there is a standard size and that will do.

The size should be done by calculation rather than rule of thumb.

Well its not going to be dne right is it, it doesnt conform to current regs, also would you buy something that contains gas, electric and water that could cause major damage and you know nothing about how it works, 2nd hand off e - bay, i wouldnt, FFS just get a new boiler tight get

the current regs are pretty much irrelevant. all he wants to do, i assume, is fit a slightly newer boiler with a slightly better performance. if he is willing to take a chance on buying a boiler second hand good luck to him, i still want him to get it fitted by a professional. i personally would do it too if i thought it was worth it as the linea is a good boiler and i can't think of anything i would want to buy new for £500.

i would want to have a good look at the system it came off first though, not that anything on the linea is difficult to change or outrageously expensive to buy anyway.

the current regs are pretty much irrelevant. all he wants to do, i assume, is fit a slightly newer boiler with a slightly better performance. if he is willing to take a chance on buying a boiler second hand good luck to him, i still want him to get it fitted by a professional. i personally would do it too if i thought it was worth it as the linea is a good boiler and i can't think of anything i would want to buy new for £500.

i would want to have a good look at the system it came off first though, not that anything on the linea is difficult to change or outrageously expensive to buy anyway.

Butnits not a condensing boiler for a start, people who buy 2nd hand boilers, dont usually get a RGI to fit it do they? unless they have a brother or something, they dnt want to pay thats why they buy 2nd hand ****e

Sponsored Links

Butnits not a condensing boiler for a start, people who buy 2nd hand boilers, dont usually get a RGI to fit it do they? unless they have a brother or something, they dnt want to pay thats why they buy 2nd hand s***te

wow its not condensing. shoot the guy. :rolleyes:

2nd hand doesnt mean its ****e and getting someone to fit it isn't all that difficult. if he hasn't enquired before he buys it he's an idiot i'll admit.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back