Can I replace Vokera Linea 24 with Linea 28

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am currently using a Vokera Linea 24 boiler which has given a few problems recently. I have the opportunity to purchase a Vokera Linea 28 which is a few years younger. Is the pipework the same for both of these boilers or would it involve a lot of hassle to do a straight swap?
Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
Would have to comply with current legislation, which means you would have to have a condensing boiler fitted as this work has to be notified.

I'm assuming from your reply that the Linea 28 is not a condensing boiler so the switch cannot be done?

If this is the case (hypothetically of course) would it have been a straight forward swap?
Thanks.

The main practical problem you may come across is the gas pipework may not be sized appropriately for the larger model.

Sponsored Links
The main practical problem you may come across is the gas pipework may not be sized appropriately for the larger model.

I agree with the above, they both have different gas requirements, if you want to know about the boiler it's self you can get the manual from vokera's website. This is not a job for DIY!!! YOu will need an RGI

Don't worry, I wasn't going to attempt it myself, just need to know coz I have to make the purchase today. I don't supose you know which of the 6 pipes from left to right is the gas inlet pipe? :D

pipe connections and flue position are exactly the same for the 28 as the 24. The 28 is a wider boiler though.

Thanks I appreciate that but I'm just trying to ascertain the current diameter of my gas inlet pipe for the reasons mentioned above, so if you could indicate which of the 6 pipes from left to right is the gas inlet I would be greatful.

its the one in the middle with the yellow isolation handle.

Many people who buy second hand boilers on Ebay find out that there is a reason that they are being sold!

Fitting a replacement boiler which does not meet current regulations and not notifying the installation to Building Control could give problems if the property is sold.

Why anyone would want to go to all the expense of fitting an old boiler when a new 28 kW ( or larger ) condensing boiler can be bought from about £500.

Tony

Thanks for all the advice, your suggestions have been taken onboard. Great forum by the way :D

I agree dont fit old boilers, regardless of regs, dont do it, if you want a cheaper option go for a new main combi 30 he exactly the same as baxi which is prob top end of the middle of range boilers in my opinion, not to trublesome and easy to work on, also applys to the new regs you can pick these up for between £500 - £600 with horizontal flue

if its in good nick theres no real reason not to fit it if its done right.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back