Can I retro fit an under oven drawer ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
056C2218-C643-456C-B557-D1F9FA2ED84C.jpeg
Ive got a spare under oven drawer and wondered if I can fit it to my old oven cabinet ?

theres about 1.5cm gap either side of the oven.

Im thinking I can remove the supports and use a couple of steel angles screwed to the sides ?

alternatively pieces of wood screwed to the sides , but that would obviously cut down the space in the drawer.

please excuse the oven muck on the pic

Sponsored Links
I'd just pack off the sides with strips of 15 or 18mm MFC, edge taped along the top and front, screwed into the carcasses either side. Fix your drawer runners to them. They will act as stops for the drawer front when you close the drawer

Not really. Your oven still needs to go onto metal L-bracket strips, I'd say

Sponsored Links
It's the weight, really. If you drag something as big and potentially heavy across something as narrow as the edge (in effect) of a chipboard shelf more than a couple of times it may well.just wreck the chipboard, or at the very least pull the edge banding off.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back