Can I rotate a uPVC window through 90 degrees?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a concrete shed with a wooden window which is rotten, so I am tempted to replace it with a second hand uPVC window. The aperture is more "landscape" than "portrait" (about 80cm by 50cm), and quite often opening windows come up which would fit quite nicely if they were rotated. I am wondering if it is possible to do this, so that it is hinged at the top rather than the side. I appreciate the friction might not be sufficient for it to stay open beyond a certain amount, and that I might have to drill new drain holes, but are there any other reasons why I couldn't do this? Do bear in mind that this is a shed so a perfect result is not necessary! Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Weight could be an issue as hinges are manufactured to be specifically top hung or side hung, but top hung is the least stressful of the 2 and its only a small window so I would say yes go for it.
As you say just drill some new drainage holes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back