Can I spur

Sponsored Links
PeterOlson said:
not even if i wire the spurred live into the common?

unless the feed in/out goes thru the switch, where do you plan to connect the neutral

Sponsored Links
I thought there would be a possibity the neutral woul go in the connector block with the other neutrals. But I take it that isn't possible, but thats why I asked :)

So whats the best way to add a new switched light in a circuit?

:LOL: peter, if you have neutrals looped in at the switch, which it sounds like, by all means use them. Connect live to the COM, and earth to the back box.

Many thanks, I knew there was two methods of wiring a lighting circuit but I didn't specify which I was using, so thats my fault, thanks for the info.

The way I refer to is the easiest way is it not?

It makes it easier to add a new light.

It makes it harder to move switches, and there are more wires to have to stuff into the box.

PeterOlson said:
Many thanks, I knew there was two methods of wiring a lighting circuit

theres at least four basic methods that i can think of off the top of my head and many mixtures and permutations of those possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back