can i still get this type of radiator?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to replace a small singler panel radiator in my shower room. It's a little corroded and I thought I would replace at the same time as doing the room up. The original was the type with "ridges and valleys" and is 21" wide 27" high. It's been in since the late 80s.

My main limitation is that a shower cubicle door opens against it so I need it to be as close to the wall as possible. The ones I have seen in my local DIY and plumbers merchant seem to be quite bulky. B&Q stand off approx 82mm.

Height wise, it doesn't really matter, but say a 24" (600mm) wide would also be a problem.

I seem to remember that THORN from the 80's looked similar to this. Arte they still going? If so where can I get them. Otherwise, does anyone know another make that meets these sizes.

Sponsored Links
Rads come mainly in MM now so widths are 400 /500 /600

Heights 450/600/700.
Myson do odd sizes that match up to some of the old imperial sizes avialable on order from most merchants

I used to work for a radiator company. Google "West Radiators" and speak to them, they have there fingers in a lot of manufacturers and distributors, im sure they can help you.

Sponsored Links
is close for size
But the SC in the reference probably denotes Single Convector.
I think the OP is looking for a single panel rad without convectors due to size limitations re the shower door.

Ultraheat Compact 4 Single Convector rads stand off the wall 66mm or 77mm depending on which way round you fit the bracket.

Stelrad make an Elite P1 which is 500mm wide and 600mm high. Its output is 305 Watts. The current rad has an output of about 360 Watts, but the reduced output should not be noticed in a shower room.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back