Radiator recommendation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We're decorating and have a room that is 2.4m wide x 2.7m deep and 2.3m tall (roughly!). In there is a single panel radiator without convection fins that's an old imperial sized. Although the radiator gets hot, it doesn't put out much if that heat and with the room being the one we tend to work from home in, it's noticeable in the cold weather.

So we're looking to change itbyona newer radiator, around 600mm x 600mm but done know what would best type wise, either a 21 or a 22.

Also are there any brands people recommend? We can see flowmastas on either Screwfix or B&Q's website for about £50 but then the next brand up, Stelrad(?), jumps to about twice that but we can't see why. They all look fairly similar in the descriptions so we're struggling to choose (a) the type of radiator and (b) the manufacturer.

Any help or guidance is greatly received!

Cheers

PW77

Sponsored Links
I had cheap one from ebay with no problems. I would suggest flush it good before install. They come with preinstalled magnetite from the factory.

But what type would you recommend? Appreciate the suggestion of using eBay to get one but still unsure of everything else.

Google says:

Which is better Type 21 or Type 22 radiator?

To help remember this further it is best to say 'type two, one' rather than 'type twenty one' and 'type two, two' rather than 'type twenty two'. As you can imagine more is always better so Type 22 radiators typically generate much more heat than Type 21 radiators. This is down to the additional layer of fins inside.

Sponsored Links
Thanks I'd seen that but wanted to know if anyone had experience in choosing between the two types and their reasons for going for one over the other. And rather than use eBay I'd want to stick to a high street retailer in case of any issues.

Thanks for your help though but if anyone else wants to chip in that would be great too.

Thanks I'd seen that but wanted to know if anyone had experience in choosing between the two types and their reasons for going for one over the other.
Last year, I swapped my 48 inches single panel radiator with double panel 48 inches rad and made a huge difference to heating the room. Its a 250 sq.ft room (~22sq.m). I did not wanted to change the piping so went for the same size in double panel.

Cheers for that. We've got a single panel, no convection fin radiator and just wanted to see if swapping that for double would impriythe heat output.

What make of radiator did you go for, if you mind me asking?

I am not in UK but I have told you the dimensions of rad and room and it made a difference in my case since you asked. I am sure a lot of folks in UK would have similar experiences.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back