Can i swap this with nest

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning to change from Salus RT500RF thermostat to nest . This is the wiring in the pic attached. Would you be able to tell me if this is a straight swap or am i missing any wires here.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20191202_190156.jpg
    IMG_20191202_190156.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 243
Sponsored Links
Yes, the Nest 3rd Gen heatlink will take those connections.

The Nest thermostat itself will need to be powered, though - either by USB, or by running 12V to the wall plate.

upload_2019-12-7_10-43-25.png

Thanks for your response. Could you tell me which wire from my existing connection will go where?

I understand where L and N will go. Could tell me where will the other to go from my thermostat into the nest box. About wiring the donut. I think they provide a wire to power it from the box and that's what i am going to do. Thanks

Yes, the Nest 3rd Gen heatlink will take those connections.

The Nest thermostat itself will need to be powered, though - either by USB, or by running 12V to the wall plate.

View attachment 177903

Sponsored Links
Hi, thanks for your help. I have installed this now. One last question if you could help pls. Can i use the micro usb socket from the box to power the nest donut. ? Or any phone charger with usb or need a specific one?

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back