Can I tidy up master phone socket?

Also, does it matter what colour cables I use for ADSL. And on my slave socket I have 1,2,3,4,5,6. Which ones do I connect to? :/

Sponsored Links
The bottom half front of the BT master has to be removed,

Terminals 2 and 5 are the two needed for the phone line

2 BLUE/white
5 WHITE/blue

I have to apologise. I did not realise the Master Socket 5C was very different to the earlier versions

This video explains it better than I could CLICK

That's quite alright. lol

I'll watch that later when I get a chance. Just trying to get temp internet before the kids drive me up the wall.

So with the existing socket I have, or the new one just lose fitted, is there a temporary way to get the ADSL things working? I've run two new cable to behind that socket. One for ADSL, one for phone line. Not worried if the phone line doesn't work right now.

Sponsored Links
I just ran an extension from the existing socket for now so at least we have internet. Lol

thanks for all your help so far bernardgreen

So I’m still a little bit confused. Got the new faceplate that fits. Lol

However, there is only an A & B connector on the back of the new faceplate. Is this for internet? And the phone line stays on the master backplate in the 2,3,5 connectors? And do I need all three of those connections now voice and adsl are splitting?

If so, does it matter which colour wires I use for the internet, and at the internet socket in the front room I have 1,2,3,4,5,6 connectors. No a & b. So which do I connect to?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back