Can I unblock by suction?

MJB

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a macerator in my ensuite. The pump in it is working fine, however the water level is not dropping, which leads me to believe that I have a blockage somewhere in the 22mm piping that goes up through the wall, through the loft, out of the soffit, and down to meet the soil pipe.
The power of the pump in the macerator does not seem strong enough to clear the blockage. I'm not too keen on getting a high pressure hose in there as I don't want water everywhere. I'm thinking of disconnetcing the 22mm pipe where it meets the soil pipe outside and somwhow 'sucking the blockage through.
What are your thoughts? Can this be done? If so, what can I use to do this?
Many thanks for your time.

MJB

Sponsored Links
MJB said:
............. I'm thinking of disconnetcing the 22mm pipe where it meets the soil pipe outside and somwhow 'sucking the blockage through.

MJB

Could leave a bad taste in the mouth if it goes wrong (or even if it dosen't). :eek:

wasn't really considering using my mouth, are there any tools you could suggest?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back