Soil Pipe fitting leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Really hoping someone could advice me on a leak issue I'm having.

We have a macerator type set up for our ensuite, that joins to the main soil pipe in the loft. The connector where the pipe from macerator meets the main soil pipe is not water tight, and therefore excess water is flowing out. I have a video here (hopefully it works).

If I apply pressure to the connector against the soil pipe, the leaking stops so clearly a watertight issue. Any idea how I could tighten this connection? Would silicone around the connector work? Or would this require something more major?

Thank you...

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Video worked, just couldn’t see anywhere it was leaking from. If it’s the flat part on the soil pipe, then a new piece might be required. If it’s before that, it looks mechanical and is easily repaired.

thank you... in the last 1-2 seconds, hopefully can see a little water coming out of right where the connector meets the main soil pipe - video amended to circle bit. Yes it's the curved piece that hugs the soil pipe

Last edited:
No, sorry, still couldn’t see it. Either wants renewing or joint re-making (which may not be possible).

Sponsored Links
If the boss isn't very well stuck to the pipe, you may be able to pull it off and reglue it, if it wont come off then it's worth trying to seal it, Silicon or Gap Filling cement, (awful stuff but it for filling gaps in welded plastic joints that haven't sealed, such as this.)

If that doesn't work then you may need to look at more drastic options, i.e. replacing that section of soil pipe with a boss pipe, and coupling the waste into that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back