Can I use 2 Bi fold doors together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi I am hoping to knock through my longe and dinning room, but also wanted to split the rooms in the winter/privacy have decided intially to go for french doors and have been quoted £800 (for the knock thru loadbearing wall etc, but me buy the doors). I have though of a better idea the possibilty of using 2 bi fold doors togther which will be more modern than french doors and save soom space for the likes of furnature chairs in the way. Is it possible to use 2 of these together hung either side as double doors?

http://www.distinctivedoors.co.uk/v...zed-35-thick-78-x-33?referer=google_merchants

Sponsored Links
thanks so its it OK to use both doors having seperate tracks, or would I need one big one. I want the doors to be hung like double doors one each side

1 track is fine

So they hang /\/\

and when you open them they're /\_____/\

if you get the right sort of track you can just have them ceiling hung with no floor track

Sponsored Links
I just noticed this thread. We actually have 2 sets of bi-fold doors in our showroom showing this exact configuration and to demonstrate that it is quite possible.

To clarify for anyone else who may read this, there is 1 door (2 half doors) folding to the left and 1 door (2 half doors) folding to the right.

The demo set uses the existing tracks so no additional track is needed.

If you wanted both sets of doors to all slide to the left (or right) then you would need to purchase an additional track system.

Yes should be no problem.
I have a similar setup in my lounge, seperating the dining room.
I have 5 doors, they were there when we moved in. they run on one single track.
The only difference is that my doors each had 4 panels of i think they call it flemish glass, it's slightly obscure.
I removed this, got a glass company to cut me 40 pieces of bevelled mirror, then refiited this into the doors. It reflects the natural light much more. Heavy to open though,but the doors sort of concertina on themselves.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back