Can i use a sander to remove too much filler on wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a problem area in my new build house in the living room where from the bottom of the skirting board and then up about 1.25 metres a crack always appears in the plaster board, this has been fixed a couple of times by the developer and i have also tried doing it a few times but always comes back, the last time i tried to do it i put a fair covering of filler over the area and i got it its covered more than i wanted, i also left it for a bit too long because io had to do something else and by the time i got back, it was dried. i tried to smooth it as much as i could with a hand sander but it proved a bit too much to do.

My question is can i use an electric sander to do this, would it have to be very fine sanding paper if so?

Below is a pic of the area i mean.

eWNdjy
eWNdjy

https://ibb.co/eWNdjy

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
Course sanding paper would be better - switch to fine when it’s almost flat.

Just done some similar work - a random orbit sander from Screwfix (£40 ) with the dust bag removed and a silicone hose pushed on the stub - one off use could be duct tape - connect to vacuum cleaner. No dust escaped ! It will get used a lot in future

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back