Can I use FOUNDATION BLOCKS?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

In a deep excavated area where a new wall (to replace existing that had to be removed for new foundation)
and a new 3 metre porch, we have got to build up to DCP with Dense Concrete Blocks 7N - the cavity has got
to be filled with a weak mixture.

The specs for above DCP is regular face brick + 10cm aerated block with 75mm cavity.

I going to contact the council to see if we can render the property, and change the extension from
facing brick to two leaves of 10cm aerated block.

MY QUESTION

To save time in the excavated section, would it be acceptable to replace the dense concrete
blocks with FOUNDATION blocks.

If I went with something like Celcon Standard Aerated Concrete Foundation Block 3.6N 275mm

Then I wouldn't have to lay two leaves and save on the cavity, as this property sits on a lot of water.

Of course there is a difference in 'N' 7 vs 3.6

Or are foundation blocks only for 'infills' with beams?

Just picking your brains, before I contact the council.

Thanks.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Normal foundation blocks are ok for up to three storeys. There are 7N foundation blocks available if need be.

You can use them for your job, and they will be a lot easier

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back