Can I Use Honeywell T40 Stat On My Broag Combi?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Honeywell T40 room stat that was previously used on my vented system. Its only 12 months old. Can I use it on my Broag 28c combi.

I think the Broag requires either voltage free or max 24v, with only 2 wire connections. I think that the T40 may be mains, but can it be used on the combi with only 2 wires, or do I need a different stat?

I don't want a programmer, just a simple dial stat. If the Honeywell is not suitable, can you recommend a simple dial stat?

Sponsored Links
you can use the stat you have, the avanta can be switched using 240v using the x2 terminal, have a look at the instructions for the boiler.

Thanks for your reply. The instructions mention using time controls on the X2 block, presumably my room stat can is OK in this block?

From my photo, can you tell which colour wires/terminal connections connect to which number connections on the boiler?

:idea: I think I have figured it out. Is this right

ROOM STAT*************BOILER (X2 Block)

1/Red (L)------------>----------------4 (L)

2/Blue (N)------------>---------------5 (N)

3/Black---------------->---------------1 (Swithced Live???)

Sponsored Links
No, the room stat connects to X9

8 to 1 room stat.

7 to 3 room stat.

Neutral make safe.

:idea: I think I have figured it out. Is this right

ROOM STAT*************BOILER (X2 Block)

1/Red (L)------------>----------------4 (L)

2/Blue (N)------------>---------------5 (N)

3/Black---------------->---------------1 (Swithced Live???)

Just been reading the book, you could do it this way if you want 240v, and the stat will work better possibly.

Or my way which is V free.

Personally if you're not having a clock I would buy a Draytoon digistat 3 programmable stat, ebay around £30, and connect it to 8-7 in x9

clicky

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Don't forget that the T40 has an anticipator, i.e it is designed for use on 230V systems with a neutral connection. If you use it as a volt-free stat the temperature differential will increase considerably.

It needs to be wired into X2. T40/1 to X2/4, T40/2 to X2/5 and T40/3 to X2/1 (This assumes there is no timer for the heating. If there is T40/1 should connect to the timer CH ON terminal). Remove the link betwwen X2/4 and X2/1.

Parameter P5 has to be set to 1 if using a stat with anticipator.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back