Room Stat Recommendation For Broag Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend a room stat for a Broag 28c combi? I don't want a programmer, just a simple to use dial stat.

I think I need volt free one (details in manual), with two wires. I will be able to wire it in myself, as the manual has clear instructions.

Need the stat recommendation so I don't blow my money on the wrong thing!

Sponsored Links
Bog standard Honeywell mechanical stat will do you nicely. about 15 quid.

Can anyone recommend a room stat for a Broag 28c combi? I don't want a programmer, just a simple to use dial stat.

I think I need volt free one (details in manual), with two wires. I will be able to wire it in myself, as the manual has clear instructions.
Broag boilers can use either volt-free or 230V thermostats; there are connections for both.

Presumably you already have a programmer. The best thermostat would be one which is OpenTherm compatible. Honeywell have recently announced two models: the T87 (wired) and Y87RF (wireless); but they do not seem to be available yet, though it would be worth enquiring.

If you can't get an OpenTherm stat, then the Honeywell DT90E or DT92E would be suitable.

Sponsored Links
Mechanical stat; contacts open: off, contacts closed: on. Could not make it simpler if I tried; how many compatibility issues would you possibly solve by making that comply with open therm?

Broag make the Celcia 30, which acts as a prog Roomstat, with limited HW control, add an optional External detector and it will Weather compensate costs about £90, Will save a lot of fuel, as as the room temeperature rises toward setpoint the controller actually lowers the boiler flow temp by modulating the burner input ;)

Lets hope his Avanta has been purchased with the optional Time Clock then so that the system wil comply with Chess minimum standard, shame though cos the celcia will save fuel in the long run :rolleyes:

The last figures I saw, worked out at a gain of 2% of a system that had wc, compare to just programmable roomstat. Turning down the roomstat by one single degree, averages 4% apparently.
Methinks maintaining a properly serviced boiler and accurately balanced system will beat that hands down. Not to mention the gain from extended life expectancy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back