Can I use SITE batteries in Makita tools?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The SITE versions are significantly cheaper than the Makita branded tools and Screwfix are claiming they are the "same product, different colour" anyone know if the batteries are interchangeable?

Sponsored Links
most manufacturers when the bring out a budget range down scale on things like lower ah batts plastic gear boxes but often use the same moulds to save costs so
although the batteries may look the same they are unlikly to fit as they may contain inferiour batteries

having said all that the componets could be identical but different colours

you realy need to take your tool to a retailer who will let you try
and be warned iff you can make the battery fit by a bit off tinkering with the ribs around the batteries dont expect your charger to work on it but it might

Any update on this? Surely someone has both SITE and Makita tools??

Sponsored Links
i have since had sombody say they do fit but i dont know where or when or how reliable the information is

Screwfix say that Site is the same as Makita; but if you look closely you will see there are subtle differences in the specification.

Don't take it to a tool retailer. You would be wasting their time.

completely compatible and do fit .............my makitas have been working with them for months ! no problem.

completely compatible and do fit .............my makitas have been working with them for months ! no problem.

problem solved, but has everyone forgotten that you can buy and return unused items to screwfix within 30 days for a refund?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back