Can I use this rear camera switch?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all would it be ok to use this switch

ON-OFF Boat Rocker Switch DPST 4 Pin Green light AC 250V 15A 125V 20A with Waterproof Cover

on 12v to turn rear camera on a caravan
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Do you really need a double pole?

A single pole ON-OFF-ON switch can give you better functionality (or even just an ON-ON). Because...

You can wire it up so it either comes on automatically when you select reverse, or you can just switch it on whenever you want.

Sponsored Links
Camera is not for reversing it’s just to see who is behind me when driving

Viewing screen I used had two inputs, one took priority and was taken to caravan, so automatic when caravan plugged in car camera switched off and caravan one switched on.

My motorhome has a rear view camera that shows following traffic whilst on the move.

Yes,
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1986/1078/regulation/109/made
See 109, 1, section (c).

A lot of new HGVs(and coaches) I've seen lately don't have door mirrors, they have rear pointing cameras and an LCD screen inside the cab on either side for the driver to see.
Hmm. I see regulation 2 says "2) In this regulation “television receiving apparatus” means any cathode ray tube carried on a vehicle and on which there can be displayed an image derived from a television broadcast, a recording or a camera or computer".
What if I were watching a TV programme on my iPad or iPhone? That’s not a "television receiving apparatus" under their definition, is it?

Sponsored Links
Back