Can I use this size stud timber?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Hi

Just brought a load of Wickes timber 47mm x 100mm for stud partition.

I was trying to find out what door width liners I will need for regular 30" doors.

I came across the Wickes Good Idea Leaflet No. 7
HOW TO BUILD A PARTITION WALL

This Good Idea leaflet doesn't mention anywhere the size of the timber I've brought.

It states that you will require;

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You will require sufficient 44 x 69mm finished size PSE (Planed, Square Edge),
47 x 75mm finished size sawn timber or 36 x 63mm studwork timber, for the
head and sole plates, and for the studs and noggins.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MY QUESTIONS

Can I still use this timber that I have brought. I wanted the stud to be wide
so I could stuff a lot of Rockwall in, for sound proofing between kitchen & bathroom?

If I can use this timber - can you recommend the width of the door frame/liner that I will need?

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

I want to use 12.5mm plasterboard - and would like a flush finish of the plasterboard
and liner - ready for architrave.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
Your total width will be 100mm stud +25mm plasterboard +about 5-6 mm for the skim coat so 130mm liner is required, if not available you can make one up quite easily.

all merchants will sell a pre machined and packed 5 1/4 " door liner. which will include the door stops.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back