Can i VENT A recirculating cooker hood.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So.. my kitchen is quite old as I understand it.
It has a non vented recirculating cooker hood.

We do get condensation from cooking things such as pasta, ect. From boiled water

My question is.. can i install a vent to outside. Exactly like how i did with my tumble dryer.

Duckting along the top of the cabinets. Then drill holes in a Circle, chisel it out. Install duckting kit. Expanding foam and cement it all back up ect. Easy job.

BUT are theese recirculating cooker hoods MENT to be?

Ive had it turned on, and it does feel like it takes alot of air (hand over the 100mm hole at the top, above the hood) it feels like theres enough draft.

So.. am i right in thinking theres no problem installing a simple duckting.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
All the recirculating type I have seen have a hole in the top & a knockout in the back cover to allow them to be vented through a wall. To be 100% sure you should read the instructions for your model.

the 100mm hole at the top

A photo would be useful

I expect you can fit an elbow to it.

Rigid duct is much better than the flexi hose

You can hire a core drill for the wall. It will be easier and much neater. Modern hoods are usually 125mm or 150mm duct so if you make the larger hole it will save you having to do it again when you fit a new one.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back