can plumbers do electrics?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to get quotes for having an electric shower unit reinstated after 4 years struggling with a venturi (trevi boost) thing.

Given that the circuit is already in place at the fuse box (it just need to be checked i guess and routed through a wall back into the bathroom), would a plumber be able to do the whole job?

I don't want to call a plumber in only for him to tell me to get him back once I've had an electrician in. £££ start racking up.

I'd imagine most plumbers are used to this type of 'hybrid' job right? Or maybe there's some legal obligation to the contrary?

Cheers,
James.

Sponsored Links
you have to be part p qualified to do electrics now. i would chance saying most plumbers are not.

i would take on or shower job and arrenge my own sparky to do the electrics etc. so u would not be inconvinienced . if i could do electrics (legally) i would charge u the same anyway...so u should not be spending more £££

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

the sparky i use insists on rcd at the cu. and 10mm cable run. (some times u can fit an inline rcd

Your probably better getting a sparky that can handle the plumbing because of Part P regs

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back