Can robots replace real workers

It's all just chemicals and Myelin laminated Neural pathways. Want, is just a learned behaviour that you get the happy hormones if you catch it.

Given simple life forms have limited emotions and animals with bigger brains have more.. the same must be true of a computers ?

Not in the slightest dear chap.

You are trying to define 'conscious' by using a very poor example.

In what circumstance can you imagine running into a fire?

Sponsored Links
I'll give you clue on where to start with your thought patterns.

A robotic arm can quite easily catch a ball. A robotic arm can NEVER decide whether it actually wants to catch the ball.

The difference is HUGE.
The robotic arm maybe can't, however the AI behind its actions will be able to. Maybe not now, but give it time.

You fail to comprehend. Perhaps it better if you sit to one side for a mo'.
literally lol, it is you that's failing to comprehend ;) And unless you have overall authority on this forum, if I wish to continue my participation, I will, thanks all the same.

Sponsored Links
Just reviewed the OPs thread title and opening post. No mention of can robots replace all workers. So I'll stick with my assertion that many jobs/tasks currently handled by humans will gradually be handled by robots and more advanced AI. As for all jobs/tasks, very likely not. However anyone that professes to know 100% either way is kidding only one person. Themselves.

Post Y2k there was a big push to move call centres to India. Chatbots have enabled a reverse of this, with the basic grunt work that was done by call centres now being automated by 'bot.

Also they are pretty easy to write. You certainly don't need to be a programmer of any standard to write a chatbot skill.

I'll give you clue on where to start with your thought patterns.

A robotic arm can quite easily catch a ball. A robotic arm can NEVER decide whether it actually wants to catch the ball.

The difference is HUGE.
" want" in that context is meaningless surely...it never needs to want or not.Ever.Same as a car or train never needs to decide to go.

I blame this man
220px-Sir_Richard_Arkwright_by_Mather_Brown_1790.jpeg
Sir Richard Arkwright

Automatic trains.cars..planes.medical operations.manfacture.Weapon systems.councelling..science..astronomy exploration..i can think of few human activities that cannot be achieved with a robot . Or will be in 50 years ...(( even partners))) ..:LOL:

Robots could never replace the humor and constant ****staking of Welsh bricklayers...
Somehow in all my life I kept meeting them and ended up having belly pain from laughing too much.
I even went to see them when I had time to waste, just to have a good laugh.
And they laid 500 bricks a day (n) despite the time wasted on storytelling, jokes and banter.

Smart motorways aren't smart regarding breakdowns, are they?
They are if you take out the weak link ... humans. I think smart motorways should be banned for now, however in years to come with advances in self automated vehicles, no reason why the concept can't return.

Robots could never replace the humor and constant ****staking of Welsh bricklayers...
Somehow in all my life I kept meeting them and ended up having belly pain from laughing too much.
I even went to see them when I had time to waste, just to have a good laugh.
And they laid 500 bricks a day (n) despite the time wasted on storytelling, jokes and banter.
I suspect as with many jobs that fall into the hard graft category, the humour is what got them through.

Slightly OT, what would be considered a good average 'bricks laid per day'?

Sponsored Links
Back