Can somebody link me a fitting for this purpose? Screwfix or amazon preferably

16 Jan 2016
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi guys. Ok so my cold bath tap has stopped working. Probbaly cartridge, no worries ive got a replacement tap. However... I cant get the old tap off as it's THAT old it seems rusted/fused on.
So my plan is to cut that fitting off and replace.

So the thread on the tap itsself is the same as the old one.. 22mm

The pipe feeding the tap is 15mm

So i need a fitting.. same as what is on, to accept the male 22mm from the tap, to the 15mm pipe comming up.
Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
1. Very unlikely the threaded shank of the tap is 22mm. Much more likely to be 3/4" BSP which has an outside (over the threads) diameter of just over 26.4 mm.
2. If the above is correct you need something like Screwfix 36420
3. Photograph(s) of what you have nearly always useful.
1. As you can see from your last photo, the diameter over the threads = 4 1/16 inches less 3 inches = 1 1/16 inches = (approx.) 27 mm, which allowing for measurement errors is 3/4" BSP. Note 3/4" BSP does NOT mean 3/4" over the threads, it refers to the inside diameter of the pipe associated with this size in the days of steel pipes. As previously stated a 3/4" BSP male thread has an outside diameter of 26.4 mm.

2. Personally I'd throw the black plastic back nut away and replace with a brass one such as Screwfix 32082.
Sponsored Links
Got to be easier to undo the nuts rather than cut a fitting surely ?
  • Like
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local