Can someone help an idiot add some pressure to my boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a potterton titanium about 8 months old, it has lost pressure and I can't remember what my plumber done when he showed me how to do it. My DH did it last time and I can't get hold of him. I have attached a picture of the underneath and if anyone can tell me what to turn would be a great help.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Second pipe from the right

Black knob on the brass bit.

Turn 90 degrees until pressure is 1.5.

Turn the knob back as well as its partner on the first pipe on the right which should be left as the first is currently.

Turn that when you've finished.
Turn the other one is first to top the pressure up.

When finished, turn both so that they are 90 degrees to the valve.

Sponsored Links
Usually anti clockwise to open, clockwise to close.

If they've not been used in a while then they can be stiff, pair of pliers/grips as Dan suggests. Any more force than that and you could snap the plastic tap handle so be careful.
Both should be in line with the pipe/valve when filling and at a right angles when closed.
Looks like the one on the right (CH return) is on, the one on the left (cold feed) is off judging by the pic.

View media item 88378

Universal constants.

Just been nagged about posting on here as we're supposed to be going out.

So, I get changed say "let's go" and low and behold we can't leave yet as we have to wait 50 minutes from the washing machine to finish. :rolleyes:

Women.

They're all mental. :mrgreen:

Universal constants.

Just been nagged about posting on here as we're supposed to be going out.

So, I get changed say "let's go" and low and behold we can't leave yet as we have to wait 50 minutes from the washing machine to finish. :rolleyes:

Women.

They're all mental. :mrgreen:

Lol, universal constant is so right.
Just been asked "what are you doing we're meant to be going shopping", just finished so lets go then .... 2 secs later neighbour texts, where are you going I said, just popping next door to help Laura out!! Jeesh :eek: ! Life sure aint simple lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back