Can Spiders activate a Dual-Tech

Sponsored Links
yes they can, but less likely than a qd or standard ir, but a spider close up, inside or over the lens probably would

A tmd (twin movement detector) has two pir's combined, making it less likely for a spider to trigger. You can also fit two regular pir's in the same room and program for parallel activation to reduce false alarms - a hassle with wiring etc though.

My own dualtec in the sunroom was triggered by a moth a few years back - it was sitting directly on the lens, so changing both the heat and Doppler patterns of the room. Sirens going, I got my SelfMon message showing a single internal activation, so had high confidence that it was a false alarm. :)

Sponsored Links
A tmd (twin movement detector) has two pir's combined, making it less likely for a spider to trigger. You can also fit two regular pir's in the same room and program for parallel activation to reduce false alarms - a hassle with wiring etc though.

My own dualtec in the sunroom was triggered by a moth a few years back - it was sitting directly on the lens, so changing both the heat and Doppler patterns of the room. Sirens going, I got my SelfMon message showing a single internal activation, so had high confidence that it was a false alarm. :)
Nice plug. Great product though

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back