Can this be true?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Last year my neighbour had a conservatory built and after a short time, the new radiators stopped working.

He got a gas engineer to fix it and the engineer told my neighbour that the builder has used the wrong colour of plastic pipe. He said it was black pipe, and the black pipe attracted the sludge and got blocked. He replaced it with white pipe, and everything now works. The rest of the house is identical to ours, so all in copper.

Does this sound possible?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I can't stop laughing at the idea of a racist gas engineer spreading pipe hate.
Many years back I fixed a boiler in a flat rented by two lesbian stunners , I said there you go that old girl will see you OK for many years to come, they phoned the office and said I was sexist, because I called the boiler female, they both had moustaches and you wouldnt ride them into battle, the boiler was the most attractive thing in the flat and it was a ELM Le Blanc :p

the boiler was the most attractive thing in the flat and it was a ELM Le Blanc :p
A little exotropic perhaps, but not totally unattractive!
1670970270872.png

Although, I now feel an inexplicable attraction towards Marge Simpson! :love:

What he may have actually said was, “they had used standard pipe rather than barrier pipe”.

Barrier pipe prevents oxygen ingress into the system much better than standard wall pipe, probably the existing system wasn’t flushed properly and the correct dosage of inhibitor wasn’t added.

Ive seen 10mm plastic pipe blocked solid when standard pipe has been used and no inhibitor was used.

what colour are your radiators ???? - best all be white then!!!!!!!!!

see your update - more likely
i fitted JG barrier pipe - 15mm - a lot of our pipework is this copper microbore

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back