Can you add remote control (internet) to an Accenta G4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I installed an Accenta G4 in my home 10 years ago. Whilst I'm largely happy with it, in recent years we've started suffering power cuts in our area. This triggers the alarm and if we're not home someone has to head over to disarm it.

I have CCTV setup, with UPS backup for the router and server, so can verify there isn't actually an intruder before disabling the alarm.

The Accenta is due a battery replacement soon, so I've been considering switching it out to a Texecom Premier Elite. Presume the PIR's/etc would be compatible so would grab the Panel/COMiP/Keypad. But then I wondered if there may be a cheaper option/easier option.

I also have a VPN server to access the home network, so it doesn't have to be a polished solution with remote access.

I'm guessing the answer will be no, but thought it worth asking.

Sponsored Links
Well it shouldn’t activate in a power cut...battery faulty or you have left it too long with a faulty battery and it’s burnt out the resistor ..it’s not worth doing a bodge on a old system when you can buy a new panel internet capability...

Could be an issue with the battery as you say.

Unfortunately we seem to get power cuts a few times a year. Worse still sometimes the power bounces several times while the engineers try to work around the issue. The alarm triggers when the power goes out and when it restores.

I presumed the answer would be to switch the panel. But thought it worth asking.

Is the Texecom the best option? Is my assumption I just need the Panel/Keypad/ComIP correct? Everything is wired, so hoping I can keep the old PIR's, bell box, dialler.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'll start looking for best prices currently. Presume there aren't any kits which have only those three components? The kits i've seen seem to bundle com2400 with the panel/keypad.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back