Can you help identify my shower?

BTW i think the brand is Gnutti Seastano (GS) or Gnutti Sebastiano & Figli Spa.
North American site is www.gsnorthamerica.com

I need to find a cartridge i think the very end of the bottom valve (the thermo valve) is actually a bit wobbly. Not sure if that is normal, but also when i turn it, it doesn't seem right. its not a smooth turn.

Here are some pictures of it.
I notice my valve coming out has a longer stem then the one John has. Pretty sure its the same brand though.

Sponsored Links
Not sure why you think the 2 showers are the same.
The only similarity I can see is that they are both showers with 2 control knobs.

I don't show the knobs in the picture, but they are the same style and start with the same part number. GS000 ....
Also my knobs have the same logo on it as the one John shows in his original post.

I'm going to try and contact that company to see if they have a new cartridge. None of the plumbers in my area recognized the part or logo, so not getting any help from them.

If anyone maybe knows where I can get a cartridge for my shower, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Erik
I have 2 issues with my shower.
1. The cartridge was broken so temp control didn't work.
2. I don't have non return valves so cold water was crossing over into the hot. I proved this by doing the test described in a post above.

So I ordered the cartridge above, however, despite looking identical when I screwed it in unfortunately the diameter was about 1mm smaller. I returned the cartridge and got a full refund.

Therefore, I have decided to replace the whole shower and get the non return valves added to hot and cold.

Hi John,

Thanks for your post. I have the exact same problem with, what looks like, the exact same shower valve. Mine is a slightly different colour and knob style, but the black temp. ring and the red button is identical to the failing unit i have.

It never had much response when turning the temp control. We have owned the home for 2 years (8 year old home) and we could slightly adjust the temp, but now the shower is always too cold and can get it only to lukewarm....not good :(. It really only got really bad in the last 2 weeks. But before it was never right. Sometimes we would have to crank it all the way up to 50C to have a decently warm shower. And we run our house hot water very hot. So it's not a boiler issue.

so i was wondering, did you end up replacing that cartridge that was recommended? did it do the trick?

Let me know. since i have to do something with mine.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I don't show the knobs in the picture

Err, is that not a knob in the picture? ;)
195000_194227_51191_82841530_thumb.jpg

Hello - I'm hoping that I can use your collective knowledge too! I need a new thermostatic cartridge I've been told, but can't find a local plumber who can identify it. Any ideas? It's about 5 years old I should think. Top tap does power, bottom does temperature. Thanks for your help!

Hi Eric,
I'm in Toronto and have the exact same problem and shower set, am trying to identify it as well, did you have any luck?
L

Hi all,

Problem solved for OntarioEric:

After a few weeks of research, the tap and mixer in OntarioEric's post is a product from an italian company. The company is called 'Sol', you can see the name and logo in the first link below. I'm about to search for a supplier in Toronto as I have the exact same problem.

If you go to this website you will see the logo and brand along the bottom of the page:
http://www.eurosanitari.com/?marchio=3&m_c=71

And here's a few more images of what I'm referring to in case anyone else stumbles upon this with the same problem.

Thanks Lawnrider!
I think you found the right manufacturer.
Wow...they must have the worst website i have ever seen.

I will try to send them an email with pictures of my valve and hopefully then they can supply me with a part directly or through a distributor.

Did you end up finding someone online or locally who had the valve you needed?

Thanks for your help!

I found a more accurate link for parts for my shower control units.

http://www.eurosanitari.com/prodotti.php?marchio=3&categoria=81&m_c=78

I have emailed them since it seems no one advertises them anywhere else. Hopefully manufacturer will locate a new valve for me.

My particlar unit uses a 1/2" valve, the "tall" or longer version.

BTW it looks like sol and crosswater use interchangeable valves.
[/url]

Hi

I have a very similar shower. After weeks of searching I received a replacement cartridge that looks very different but works perfectly:

Riobel 1 x 401-109 thermostatic cartridge.

Attachments

• Cassette.JPG
    Cassette.JPG
    96.1 KB · Views: 369
  • Logo.jpg
    Logo.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 466
  • SurfaceView.jpg
    SurfaceView.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 418
  • Valve.JPG
    Valve.JPG
    139.1 KB · Views: 341

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back