can you help with strobe lighting?!...

S

skuba

strange request, but i'm trying to produce a halloween style lightning strike effect. i was going to buy a mini strobe which comes with 5 - 20 flashes a second, but obviously that would be a bit too uniform and not very realistic. i can't find a strobe that flashes randomly, so i was wondering if it would be possible to modify something like this?... http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/led-mini-strobe-n97jb

Sponsored Links
Wire a light fitting in series with a fluorescent tube starter. The starter wont last for a sustained period, but will give you nice random flashes.

Disposable film cameras ( the ones you find at weddings for guests to use ) have a cheap but effective flash module that flashes when a contact is closed. The shops that develop the films were a source for these cameras from which the flash modules can be recovered. With a few you can have flashes from different locations.

The random generator would be the problem. A bit of electronica such as a Raspberry Pie processor and a few reed relays to operate the flash modules

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back