Reson8 Strobe light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I've just found this great Forum after a search on Google.

I have just replaced a faulty Intruder alarm system with an Accenta mini Gen4 control panel & a Reson8 Bell Box.
Everything seems to be OK apart from the strobe lamp in the Bell Box wont stop flashing. I only have one Bell Box & have checked & double checked the wiring. After all, there's only five wires to connect anyway.
I just can't fathom out what the problem is. For now I've disconnected the -stb wire which obviously stops the strobe flashing.

I notice inside the Accenta control panel there is a +strobe terminal but both wiring instructions don't mention this terminal. Could that be something to do with the problem perhaps? Or could I have a faulty new control panel?

Any help would be much appreciated as I've ran out of ideas.

Sponsored Links
cruisa i know it might sound a bit silly but have you tried pressing the reset after you have an alarm as this is the only way to stop the strobe flashing as it set like many alarms to tell you that you have had an alarm go off when you where out or in at the time if this stops the strobe by pressing reset then i whould put a mini buzzer conected to the + and - on the strobe to alert you to press reset after an alarm i hope this is all it is when you say you diconected the strobe wire where from the bell box or the panel

Thanks for your reply cjrboat.
Yes, pressing the 'Reset' button was the first thing I did as this is what cancelled the strobe lamp on my previous system. Unfortunately this doesn't work now :(
I disconnected the -stb wire from the control panel.
I notice now that the green LED isn't on in the Bell Box, but I suppose this will be because the -stb wire is disconnected.

I suppose I could just 'leave it as is' but I really would like the system working as intended.

The strobe + should be connected to the strobe + in the control panel, the strobe - can be picked up from the bell hold off negative

Sponsored Links
The strobe + should be connected to the strobe + in the control panel, the strobe - can be picked up from the bell hold off negative

There isn't a strobe+ terminal in the Reson8 Bell Box though :(
There is one in the control panel, but no mention of connecting that to anything in both diagrams of instructions. Both diagrams are exactly the same as well as I guess these two pieces of kit are meant to be paired together.

cruisa did you say that the green day light is on or off on the keypad because if it is on i suspect you have a faulty panel have you tried defaulting the panel to factory set incase you have got a glitch on the eprom worth a try before you send it back to do this remove the mains supply and take the cover off the control panel and disconnect the battery the external alarm will go off but be armed with a piece of wire about a ft long and wire it to the P on the pa and SET and connect the battery up and waite for the alarm to start and then disconnect the wire and put the original wires back to stop the alarm use the factory set codes 0123
good luck

Thanks again for your reply cjrboat.

The green day light is iluminated in the keypad.

I'll try the factory rest thing.

I hope I don't have to send it back. What a pain that will be :(

Well, I've had another go.
I've tested the all the wires in the cable feeding the bell Box. No disconnections, shorts or earths.
Connected them all back up again checking & double checking that they are correct according to the diagram.
Still the strobe flashes.

So then I did the 'Factory Reset' thing as suggested & as per instructions in the manual, & still the bloody strobe flashes :mad:

So I give up. It surely has to be a control panel fault. I guess I was just unlucky to have got a faulty brand new unit.
So I will have to unwire it now & parcel it up to be sent back in the post to the online retailer. That's the problem when you buy stuff online I guess.
Hey Ho!

HI cruisa sorry to hear you have still got a problem before you send the unit back try the technical help line the number is 0844 8000 235 IT MIGHT BE SORTED BY THEM can honestly say i have never had to send one back or get advice on any of gen range only in 35 years had to take 2 pir s back and one bell box
right back to the logic 4 and the optima range only had to change the charging resistor due to the battery not being changed might be as well ringing the tech help line to save a lot of work good luck

Hi cruisa

I have been in touch with technical support and they said if he has a permanent negative supply coming out of the control panel to the bell box strobe then the panel is faulty. hope this helps. ask who ever supplied the control panel to just replace the print board as this will be easier then taking the whole control panel off regards baz.

Thanks very much for your help Baz.

I don't know why, but I had another go (lol)
I took the Bell Box off the external wall, then wired it direct to the panel in the loft with a new piece of cable. It just did the same thing, which I knew it would. :rolleyes:
So I've just emailed 'Security Warehouse' where I bought it from with details of my problem. I'm just awaiting their reply & expect a replacement.
I'm aching with days of running up & down between the loft & the outside gable end of the house (lol)
I suppose it'll keep me fit :LOL:

Hi cruisa
I have been in touch with technical support and they said if he has a permanent negative supply coming out of the control panel to the bell box strobe then the panel is faulty. hope this helps.

I put my meter accross the Bell + & Strobe - terminals in the control panel & I get a constant 12V
So this concurs with what you said Baz.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back