Reson8 strobe wiring to Scantronic 9200

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just changed an old bell box on my Santronic 9200 alarm system. The new sounder is a Reson8 bell box. All is working ok except the strobe. I have a problem with the wiring.

The old strobe (An addition to a bell box) was wired with two wires direct from the 9200 circuit board.
The reason8 has one connection for a strobe (-ST) but what do I do with the second (Return?) wire.

Sponsored Links
I haven't seen a 9200 in decades. You need to take a wire from the +12v terminal in the sounder to the strobe +12v. The other wire is then the Strobe switched neg that triggers at the panel.

Hi Joe
Thanks for the reply. Problem is that there isn't a +12V in the Reson8 unless we are talking about the Battery +V. And the only strobe is marked Strobe-

There has to be power going up there or it wouldn't work. What are the names of the terminals?

Actually just looked at a diagram. It must have an internal feed. Just link the strobe negative to the strobe neg in the panel.

Sponsored Links
By panel I take it you mean the 9200. There isn't a strobe marked. In the write-up is states 'strobe can be connected through alarm relay.'
Alarm relay terminals are marked NC C NO (Potential-free contacts
2amp-24V)

It will be connected in the same way as the old one but won't need the +volts as it takes its feed from the same feed that powers the siren. The old one took two wires up to feed each and the new one takes one wire up to feed both.

OK Many thanks. Will try in the morning if it isnt raining. Have a good evening.

Hi Joe

I still have a problem. The strobe is on permanently if I swap the green wire to ALARM RELAY N.O.
The original wiring of the strobe in the 9200 is as follows on the wiring diagram.(whoever installed the system used their own colour code.

White- alarm relay term. N.O.
Green- term. (12VDC) ----- -ve (5000mA MAX)

A wired strap from :-
AUX + VE (12V for detectors) to Alarm relay C

SA Bell Output

Red.............Trig+ +ve hold off
Yel .............Trig- -ve ringing
Blu .............0V -ve hold off
Brn .............TR -ve tamper return

HELP
PLEASE.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back