Can you identify the shower type?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi group, I have a problem with a thermostatic mixer shower, left hand side of the block is getting hot where the HW feed comes in, but the water is barely warm coming out of the mixer. I had my water isolated via the mains stopcock on Thursday to feed on a new CW supply to a fridge freezer, turned everything back on and all was good. Fridge freezer came yesterday and I had to isolate again to complete the connection, when I turned everything back on I noticed the shower was running cold. Pressure in the boiler is fine and its firing up when it gets a demand for the hot water from the shower.
I've had a look at a few messages on here and think it might be the cartridge, however I cant identify the shower type because there's no markings on it.
Any advice would be really appreciated.
Regards Otto, Sunny Cumbria

Attachments

• 20190907_120343.jpg
    20190907_120343.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190907_120346.jpg
    20190907_120346.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 89
  • 20190907_120407.jpg
    20190907_120407.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 100
Sponsored Links
Those bar mixers are cheap as chips, I'd just consider replacing it. Might not be much in it, price wise, against a cartridge, if you can find the correct one.

Ok Thursday after water isolation but not on Friday after the same isolation? Common denominator being the isolation valve I would start there.
Or lower the handheld as far as possible and let water flow out for awhile.

Ok Thursday after water isolation but not on Friday after the same isolation? Common denominator being the isolation valve I would start there.
Or lower the handheld as far as possible and let water flow out for awhile.
It was isolated both time by the house stop cock, everything else is working fine, ie bath basins etc.
Is there any way to test the cartridge other than substitution?
Thanks for the reply guys.
20190907_174613.jpg

Sponsored Links
It was isolated both time by the house stop cock, everything else is working fine, ie bath basins etc.
Is there any way to test the cartridge other than substitution?
Thanks for the reply guys.View attachment 170883

No, its a mark on the valve body which I assume is where the stop is aligned, anyways its working fine now, soaked it in white vinegar, dried it off then sprayed with silicon spray, refitted and after a couple of turns it was back to normal (don't know how long it will last) but thanks to everyone for the replies, much appreciated, Otto..
20190907_190141.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back