Can you identify this conservatory?

Reaction score
Country
United States
300_4110.JPG
300_7977.JPG
300_7974.JPG
Our home here in the USA has a conservatory (called a "solarium" in this country), installed some years ago by the original owners. We have no paperwork on it; no records as to when it was built or who they hired to build it. They apparently didn't even obtain a building permit from the township (probably how they got away with footings about 530mm under the slab, instead of 900mm or so that Pennsylvania winters require). But that's all in the past...

300_4110.JPG

My mission now is to keep it intact, stop water from leaking in, and keep its runoff from soaking the basement of the main house. So I've been on this quest to find the manufacturer(s) of this solarium and locate sources of spare parts. The more digging I've done, the more signs say that our "solarium" is, in fact, a British conservatory. No idea how it got here, but that's what it looks like. First it was the tiny "GS CONSERVATORIES" logo in the corner of each pane of glass. Then the fact that no American gutter parts will fit this creation, and its Marley gutters (not available in the USA) are all attached with Ultraframe MGBB001 brackets. And speaking of Ultraframe, when I go to their website, I see a lot of parts with the same round flower-of-hearts symbol that I see on the plastic glazing bar caps that pop off our conservatory and land in the flower bed.
300_7977.JPG

The Ultraframe "Classic" technical manuals that they've posted on their site have been a big help in understanding how the roof goes together, and I've been able to track down some gutter parts and brackets. But I haven't found any parts or manuals pertaining to the rest of the structure, most importantly the "filler" panels below the windows and the rest of the lower wall structure. Is that because Ultraframe made only the roof, and I need someone else's manual to see how the rest of the kit goes together? Is that "someone" GS Conservatories? And are they now known as GS Glazing Systems?

I have attached some photos. If you think you can tell who built all or part of our conservatory, please share. We will be extremely grateful. If you'd like to see a particular part of the structure, I will happily take more photos on request.

Thanks,

Dave

Sponsored Links
Most parts used are generic, we don't get hung up on 'Brands' in the UK as we have far more choice, you home guttering could be made to fit with a little ingenuity, glazing units could be sourced form any double glazing manufacturer/supplier.Filler panels would simply be cut from stock sheets of upvc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back