Can you identify this part? Some sort of hinge mount

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello.
Can anyone tell me what this thing is called please?
The cabinet door hinge mounts on to it.
It's broken and I need to replace
Thanks in advance,
Huw

Kitchen thing.jpgIMG_8257.jpgIMG_8256.jpg

Sponsored Links
Never seen one in plastic before, but it is called a hinge riser or hinge spacer and is designed to pack the hinge cruciform plate off the side of the cabinet so that a standard hinge and cruciform plate can be used instead of a speciial. Modern good quality hinges generally have the cruciform plate with an appropriate riser built-in:

Blum Cruciform Plate.png

Note the different heights in the catalogue. The problem is that hinge cruciform plates are sometimes specific to a manufacturer or even a range within a manufacturer, so getting your hinge to work with another manufacturers cruciform plate (with the built-in riser) isn't a given. Any money your riser is 15 or 18mm thick, so if you take both the riser pieces off, make up a slim rip of MFC (e.g.Contiplas) as a full length packer to fit where the risers were and then refit the cruciform plates in the same position, but screwed through the new packer

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to admit it threw me to start with. Both Blum and Hettich used to do separate riser plates (generally metal), but looking thropugh their catalogues yesterday they seem to have dropped them. I suspect that your cabinets came from a big manufacturer who had their own risers made, but I could be wrong

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back