Can you make a floor using grout?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just wondering since it can go in between tiles, can you make any type of floor with it?
My new floor is blocking the door from opening and I dont want to saw the door. I am also sensitive to most types of flooring. For this reason I am thinking maybe I can just put low level of grout infront of the door since grout doesn't gas off after curing.

Will it work or will it break?

Sponsored Links
Grout is very crumbly so i can't imagine it is very hard wearing as a floor surface. it'll also get very grubby.

If you cant open the door now then how will adding grout or anything else help to open the door?

As above, grout is only good for tile joints.

Perhaps, more info about the new floor and a pic or two would help.

But, typically, doors that rub or catch have to be shaved or cut - the cut bottom edge then has to be sealed against seasonal damp swelling. I assume a wood door.

If you have no DIY experience then maybe call in a joiner.

If you cant open the door now then how will adding grout or anything else help to open the door?

As above, grout is only good for tile joints.

Perhaps, more info about the new floor and a pic or two would help.

But, typically, doors that rub or catch have to be shaved or cut - the cut bottom edge then has to be sealed against seasonal damp swelling. I assume a wood door.

If you have no DIY experience then maybe call in a joiner.

Actually, the issue is that I have laid a laminate floor and am reacting to the saw dust and cannot wait around for it to go. I want to put vinyl over the laminate but don't really want to remove the laminate however its causing the height issue. If I put grout it will be thing enough to stop the dust from rising. However the vinyl gets trapped. I don't want to saw the door incase it brings dust in, even if I saw outside it might be on the door and then give issues in the home in which case a plywood vinyl arrangement would have been better.

Sponsored Links
10/10 troll post :D

believe it or not, this is the extent people with multiple chemical sensitivities have to go through. look at my previous posts where you will see I have been trying different floorings to manage my health condition.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back