Can you paint quarry tiles another colour

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We've just bought an old house and the floors are red quarry tile. I'd like to make the house feel like a modern cottage and keep the quarry tile floors but make them white since the house itself is quite dark. Is there any way to change the colour of my tiles and make them white or just much, much lighter?

Sponsored Links
You could paint them but you'd need to use a very good floor paint or the paint will chip and wear easily.
I've used Johnstones 2 pack floor paint and that's very good but it is expensive, think it was about £70 a tin. http://www.johnstonestrade.com/default_majestic.asp?section=14&product=38

The fumes from the solvent based paint are terrible. They do a water based version but I can't vouch for its quality.

The Princess Grey colour is a very light grey - more like an off white in certain light. Something like that will do the job...... depends what's available in South Africa though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back