can you pick your own plumber to fit your free boiler???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello can any of you gas lads tell me if I get a free boiler under the free boiler schemes,,,how does it work etc??? id like to get the work for my regular lad who I use,,,is this possible??? can I pick who I want to install it or does it have to be one of theirs that do it???,,,do they grant a set amount of money to you etc???,,,a friend of mine got a free one a few year back and it wasn't a make id ever heard of,,,any info on how it works anyone???

Sponsored Links
Doubt it. Most of these schemes are run by so called "authorised" contractors. I'd install my own PV, but I wouldn't then get the feed in tarriff

Sponsored Links
no I don't want to do it myself ye radgie,,,I have some extra pipework that needs doing,,,15mm changing to 22mm from the front door where the meter is right the way through to the extension at the back so itll take a new boiler,,,my own lad would have done it all for the 1500 or so quid they grant you and he would have given me a named good boiler,,,capiche,,,???,,,I seen three lads turn up to do my mates free boiler a few year ago and they looked like 3 proper cowboys and the boiler didn't look upto much,,,thats why I want my regular gas lad to do it...

Regretably, it's the cowboys that do these schemes because they pay them so well. The job gets rushed because the workmen don't need referals, so aren't bothered with the quality of their work.

Gift horse, choosers, Beggers and all that, although I appreciate you want to send work to a regular person you use, you're getting a free boiler.....

I thought that they had knocked all this crap on the head....

The only installers doing this free crap are the useless ones as far as I can tell.

Last edited:
There was one setup that would either organise the install for you or just give you a set amount, around 5K I think, for you to arrange and pay for your own installer.

All you had to was send the certificate afterwards to prove installation. I'm sorry I cant remember the name of them though.

5k for a boiler swap,,,that must have been some boiler,,,prices up here in the north are a lot different to what some of you lads are used to down south,,,ive just had a baxi duotec supplied and fitted for less than 1200,,,the lad had it swapped in half a day,,,good job anorl.......

5k for a boiler swap,,,that must have been some boiler,,,prices up here in the north are a lot different to what some of you lads are used to down south,,,ive just had a baxi duotec supplied and fitted for less than 1200,,,the lad had it swapped in half a day,,,good job anorl.......
why do you want a free one then ?

Maybe you have, but there's absolutely no way whatsoever that he's done a proper job for that. Flushing the system alone takes half a day minimum and if that's not done properly your shiny 7 year warranty is out of the window

Was it LPG?
Is this it? :ROFLMAO:

IMG_2600.JPG

IMG_2601.JPG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back