can you pick your own plumber to fit your free boiler???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I suspect that heating engineers would say that plumbers can't fit boilers whether its on a scheme or not. :cautious:

Sponsored Links
Actually, landlords can't get them, only tenants on certain benefits. And for a tenant to get one, they've got to have no heating, which would be an offence for a lanlord to leave the tenant without heat. I've yet to come across anyone who's managed to get one of these so called free boilers yet.

Actually, landlords can't get them, only tenants on certain benefits. And for a tenant to get one, they've got to have no heating, which would be an offence for a lanlord to leave the tenant without heat. I've yet to come across anyone who's managed to get one of these so called free boilers yet.
aye ye right mate landlords cant get them,,,only people on certain benefits like ye say,,,people do get them though,,,i know of a few whos had them,,,i was just curious to know if you could pick your own installer as I said before I was at someones house one day when 3 lads turned up to fit a free boiler and they looked like 3 cowboys and the boiler was crap.......

aye ye right mate landlords cant get them,,,only people on certain benefits like ye say,,,people do get them though,,,i know of a few whos had them,,,i was just curious to know if you could pick your own installer as I said before I was at someones house one day when 3 lads turned up to fit a free boiler and they looked like 3 cowboys and the boiler was crap.......
ye don't need to have no heating though,,,

sonofrob your pretty horrid weasel really aren't you ;) might as well get in on the action with food banks as well i also expect you've got a fork in the sugar bowl as well :censored:

sonofrob your pretty horrid weasel really aren't you ;) might as well get in on the action with food banks as well i also expect you've got a fork in the sugar bowl as well :censored:
whats your problem lad ???,,,all I asked was whether ye could pick your own installer for the free boiler schemes,,,if anyone is buying something they try and get the best deal they can,,,thats just common sense isn't it,,,the free boilers and insulation etc are payed for by the huge energy companies to meet their green targets,,,its not as if its costing the taxpayer anything or taking help away from people that really need it is it,,,asking me why I want a free boiler ???,,,what r ye lad one of thee little men who cant stand anybody getting summit for nowt ???,,,coz that's what ye sound like......

Maybe you can't choose your own installer because the installers have given the scheme providers a big backhander to secure exclusivity?

The money has to come from somewhere, energy companies aren't doing it out the goodness of their hearts.

More than likely the public is paying due to price hikes etc

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back