Can you recommend a good plumber in Reading?

It is a fact, plumbers charge less than RGI's.

It is also a fact that most plumbers can work on any part of a heating system other than the boiler, and be as good and better than and RGI.

Last time I took my ACS I had to solder a 15mm socket as part of the test. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It is a fact, plumbers charge less than RGI's.
But to be a RGI, you need to be a plumber else they are just a course cowboy and likely know nothing about heating systems thus are not a heating engineer of any description

It is also a fact that most plumbers can work on any part of a heating system other than the boiler, and be as good and better than and RGI.
Obviously, considering becoming a qualified plumber takes vastly more time, still disagree about day rates though, not that i would ever again work day rates.

Please advise how you expect maybe even 100,000 RGI's (you've never met let alone employed) cannot install a rad as quickly as a general plumber.

As far as I can gather RGIs are mostly installing boilers and radiators as their main activity. Only a few only do repairs and then they are the employed BG staff etc.

Also from what I hear most general plumbers don't get very involved in heating systems because they get plenty of well paid work doing bathrooms etc. Perhaps also because they see most heating work as the province of RGIs.

I charge £60 fixed plus £42 to replace each rad with new one already on site of the same size to use existing brackets!

Tony

Don't need to be anything of the kind, and electrician can be an RGI, as can a kitchen fitter.

Sponsored Links
I used to have the gear to do screwed steel pipes but would never want to do it as a job.

Have worked on 2" screwed steel in launderettes as that was used for water distribution in the shop.

Installation is a physically demanding job so its not for everyone.

To the extent that if you are a one man band its one step forward and two back imo.
Two working as a team is three times faster than a lone worker.

Don't need to be anything of the kind, and electrician can be an RGI, as can a kitchen fitter.
Yeah and these people are called course cowboys and know nothing about the trade, to the point that they are extremely dangerous, they are banned from most, if not all by now, large building projects in the UK

Think your getting in a tissy Gav :rolleyes:

We had an electrician on the books and in my opinion one of the best boiler/heating sparks you'll ever find.

Hello

Can anyone recommend a good experienced "Water Only" Plumber in Reading? more recommendations the better!

What I would consider as a good recommendation would be someone who is reliable, knows his stuff, has been in the job for a while and doesn't break the bank every time you ask him to come around to do a small job!

At this moment I am looking for a water only plumber, ie, NOT gas safe - I will at some stage put out a request for a separate gas plumber as need to get my boiler changed.

Thanks in Advance.

As someone for whom fitters are my customers, I would suggest John Stumbles in the Reading area 07808 668204. Whether he would come out for plumbing prices as opposed to "fitting" prices I don'tknow. Phone him. I only reccommend people I know are good

Yes Tonny but how much per hr to change a rad. I bet I can find a good plumber for half your rate.

By design and a shed load of ACS etc every 5 years plus gassafe every year an rgis running cost will always be conciderably more than a plumber.

If you are doing 9-10 jobs a day your running cost (bus pass) .

You're not calling tony a geriatric there, are you?
He has a very well serviced mobility scooter, I'll have you know

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back